On my last post I shared how to make the USB Bootable Drives.  We use pendrive and SD card for it. But sometime we fall into a problem that after Creating Bootable Drive the SD Card/Pendrive  size corrupts. Example: our pendrive/SD card was of 16 GB. After creating bootable and we install the setup/update from it. But when we want to reuse it only as a pendrive/SD card, alas! The sixe of the pendrive corrupts. That mean it show less than your actual size of the pendrive. Not only for Creating Bootable Drives, this problem may occur from any reason such as Virus, Malware etc.

How many thing we can sove from this trick:
1. If our SD Card/ Pendrive is write protected and we could not format it. Then this trick will help you.
2.  If your USB Drive is corrupted. We can fix this
3.  If we are unable to open the USB Drive then we can formate and use the drive as before.


I’m going to give you a prove of my pendrive which was actually a size of 16 GB and it was showing 2.5 GB only. I fixed my pendrive through it

So today I’m going to show you how to solve this type problem. Let’s get started. Follow my screenshots.
1.      Here is the prove of my pendrive which was corrupted.
2.       Firstly run the CMD[Command Prompt] into Administrator mode.
3.      Then use command diskpart
3
4. After that use command list disk.  You will find the disk list on your device. Disk 0 is my HDD, Disk 1 is my SSD Disk 2 is nothing and Disk 3 is my USB Drive. This may be differ on your computer.
5.  Then use command select disk 3. Let me explain the command. Be careful when you select your disk. 3 is the the list disk serial of my USB Drive. Be careful when you select your disk. If u select wring disk number I mean if you select your HDD/SSD instead of your USB Drive your HDD/SSD will format. You will find your disk serial by recognising the size of your USB Drive.
4   6.    Then use command clean. You will find a confirmation message that Diskpart succeed in cleaning the disk.
77.  Go to Desktop and Right click on Computer /This PC and  go to Manage.
88. Then select disk management and select your disk. You will find that your whole disk is unallocated
9.    Right click on the disk and select New Simple Volume.
10.   Then by the Wizard make your volume. Choose the size and name. Complete the process of making New Simple Volume
11.     After that you will find that your USB Drive has returned into original size and problems are fixed.

We can solve other problems of USB Drive through this trick. Hope this trick may help you. Please leave your comment that Is the post was helpful or not. Thank you. 

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post